Does A Home Security System Work In Auburn?
If you’re the same as a lot of residents, you are looking for your house to be protected at all times. but, do home security systems work in Auburn?
The simple answer: affirmative. But, how do you find the most from your alarm system? Not only do the sensors and alarms provide superior security, the modern devices give a level of responsiveness and management you might not have thought about previously. By using home automation, surveillance, and access through a phone app, you can make your life [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy expenditures.
Let's stop for a minute and learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best recommendation for your property.
Essential Security Features
In order to make sure your Auburn home security system works to the best of its ability, you need these indispensable security components:
- Entryway sensors: You might find this surprising, but many intruders enter your house by the front door. The other most frequent points of entry are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are considered the foundation of your home security. When the security system is live and your door sensors are disturbed, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your 24/7 monitoring professionals will be contacted.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Don’t look for hard-to-work number pads, as state-of-the-art touch screens now arm and disarm your system. These screens will also control your home automation, security cameras, and monitoring.
- phone app: The best security system let you control every part of your home security through a smartphone app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you will receive an instant text to your phone. Also, disarm and arm your entryway alarms anywhere, schedule your smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Security decals and yard signs: While there is no tech in an ADT sign or a window sticker, they do warn an aspirational thief that your house is protected.
Does A Security System Keep You Safer In Auburn?
While it may appear like an exaggeration to get sensors installed and set-up a phone app when you already use door locks and live in a nice area, the studies support the notion that home security systems will help guard your house. For example, a study from Rutger University concludes that many intruders will actively steer clear of homes with a security system installed. They’ll instead look to target a faster house that is left poorly protected.
That meshes with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses do not use a home security. In fact, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that have an alarm system. And while displaying that your property has a system helps discourage forceful entry, other things -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your house unappealing to burglars.
Of course, modern security systems can do more than buzz an siren. Today you have some other services that make a home security system safe and secure.
24/7 Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Auburn without 24-hour monitoring? Having a backup plan is always the best bet and 24/7 monitoring from trained professionals can make sure emergency services arrive to the scene quicker after a triggered alarm.
Monitoring agents can secure your home all day long -- whether you are there or not. If you’re out and can’t hear an alarm, your agent will contact you and the proper emergency service after a tripped component. Even when you’re home, you will be busy making sure family members and furry companions are accounted for and safe.
Get Similar Monitored Protection For Flood, Fire, and Medical
When you install your home security, you can choose to install more than motion detectors. devices like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be added to your complete system. If an emergency is detected, your devices will respond just like your security alarms. Then when the high-decibel siren rings, your 24-hour monitoring team are contacted, and a text will be sent to your smartphone.
You can even get a panic button, which can be easily pinned to you or a family member with a lanyard, bracelet, or clip. If someone you live with is a fall risk or a medical risk, they can simply employ a two-finger button to contact emergency services.
Find Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home components bring you a tier of management and convenience you’ve never seen before. They will make your home more energy-efficient and responsive. And when you link smart devices to your home security system, they can also make your property that much safer. For example:
- Program your smart lighting on a set schedule to make it seem like your house is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart lighting turn on as a security camera senses suspicious motion.
- Use geolocation to lock your smart locks, turn off your living room lights, and turn down the thermostat when you go to work.
- Create customized scenes where you can pre-set your lights, thermostat, alarms, and other components with a single hit of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your alarms and cameras and set your devices with your mobile app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save with automation, and you’ll realize how much you need a smart home security system in Auburn. You can even manage your components with your voice when you link your home security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Property With Wireless Video Surveillance
Security signage and smart lights are wonderful burglary deterrents, but security cameras can take your protection to a higher plane. The worst thing an intruder wants is to be caught on camera as the footage may be leveraged against them in a police investigation. You can pick from outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24/7.
Do you want to see what’s the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you like to greet the kids after school? Has your groceries been delivered yet? All you need is to pull up the clip from your ADT Control app. You might also get alerts on your mobile device whenever a guest approaches or your cameras sense abnormal motion. Then chat with visitors with the two-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Get A Security System In Auburn?
Are you looking for help in creating a home security that works in Auburn? Our ADT professionals can help you choose the most useful alarms, automation, and cameras that can be used into one comprehensive plan. Contact us directly at (334) 219-8276 or complete the form below.