The latest home security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to forget to complete easy security chores like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these things in the future? With geofencing in Auburn, you can just leave the house and make your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Auburn For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you can set up in your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to determine when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to communicate with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all elements onto one, unified network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, as soon as you leave your premises, you can program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Auburn. With the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan when a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system notices abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in concert with each other. Have your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable the security system as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Auburn
Whether you desire added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (334) 219-8276 or send in the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.