Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Auburn? Normally, you have three primary areas of the home for video surveillance: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Although your installation team can recommend where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Door
Although it might seem absurd that a burglar would try to simply enter through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at this passageway. There are also package thieves among other risks to consider. A video doorbell is ideal to handle these types of possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you have the ability to chat with any visitors who approach and ring the bell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer each instance with two-way communications and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. Then if someone begins doing something nefarious, you can have your video doorbell capture footage and deliver it to your smartphone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult undertaking. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial suggestions to make sure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Auburn home allow for a better field-of-view, as you can see two parts of your property.
- Position underneath an eave or directly into a piece of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partly concealed by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is an easier entryway for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or back door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you trim away any bushes or tree limbs that could obscure the camera’s view.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your Indoor Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Auburn. That same versatility means you have more factors to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window may create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a security camera located in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookshelves or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment will lose its ability to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your devices in a spot where children or pets can’t tamper with them. You might consider mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top security camera won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant in the way. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (334) 219-8276 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.